I Hate My Job - How to Change Careers

Section 1: Get Started - Course Introduction and Overview Lecture 1 01:28 Welcome to the course.  In this video, I give a brief self-introduction, a quick overview of the course. I look forward to "seeing" you in the course.
Lecture 2 11:23

In this introductory video, we will explore the myths we have come to accept as true about our workweek.  You will learn the myths and the corresponding truths.  I will also share my personal story of career dissatisfaction and you will start to consider your own in preparation for the next video. 
There is no worksheet for this video.

Section 2: Get Honest - Steps 1-3 Lecture 3 07:11

Getting started is the hardest part. In this video we assess your current career location. Think of this session as the GPS session. We need to know where are you and how did you get there.  We don't leave you there, though.  You are encouraged to sift through the pieces of your current job situation to unearth a new and emerging story.  Your career narrative can be rewritten.  We will first assess where you are and then get you on your way to a more desirable destination.

Lecture 4 07:58 Are you exhausted at work because things, people, situations are out of your control?  In this video, we build on the clarity that emerged from the previous career assessment. I will call you to put on a pair of career glasses and get clear about where you are expending energy wastefully and help you find the goldmines. There are opportunities and signs all around. In this video, we refocus your energy on what matters and where you have the most impact.  Expect a big shift-- if you choose to accept it.
Lecture 5 03:00

Now that you see the light, you have a choice.  Will you commit to making your current career its best?  The choice is yours.  In this brief video, we discuss responsibility.  Once we make a conscious choice to accept responsibility of the state of our career and its destination, a powerful shift takes place.  This shift, which is mental and emotional in scope, is critical if one hopes to experience joy, confidence and purpose at a less than perfect job.  Once acceptance comes to the fore, a new energy and vitality emerges; unearthing amazing gifts that were there all along. Yep, even at your less than perfect job.

Lecture 6 01:56

Congratulations! You made it through the first three steps. Take a deep breath. You have done good work. This brief two minute video recaps the important elements of Assessment, Awareness, and Acceptance. 

Section 3: Get Re-Engaged - Steps 4-5 Lecture 7 05:22
Are you ready to take action.   We've done enough introspection; it is time to implement. Ready?

Step #4 is all about getting going and staying engaged.  In order to implement what you have learned thus far, you need support.  Your environment, support cast and goals will help guide you along.  At this point, you are experience mental and emotional shifts. However, your workplace may remain the same. This video addresses the necessary elements to get in action and stay engaged.  

Lecture 8 15:32

Affirmation is the last step in the process. All commitments take public form.  And those who are uber courageous, make commitments that make a difference in the life of others. This video focuses on moving forward with intention, for your own career transition but to also pay it forward.   This video introduces the concept of "legacy" at work and how to make a lasting difference that lasts beyond your tenure. Whether you stay or leave your current job, you are daily making an impact.
You are challenged to take your job to the next level, far beyond resume building.  Implement the tips in this video and people will weep when you resign.

Lecture 9 06:09 This concluding video reviews the 5-step process and encourages the learner to continue in the cycle of Acceptance, Awareness, Acceptance, Alignment and Affirmation.
Section 4: Get Resourced - Supplemental Material Lecture 10

Course Powerpoint Presentation

34 slides Lecture 11

Complete Action Guide pdf

13 pages Lecture 12 30:00 This 28 minute video is a Q&A session. I answer career related questions submitted on my Facebook page.  I offer practical advise on how to stay motivated, how to manage up and how to handle conflict.
Lecture 13 29:14

Discover how to handle Stress at work

This is a 30 minute interview with Christi Fath, a senior executive and massage therapist.Christi offers incredible information (from experience as a busy exec in Washington D.C. and as a practicing therapist) on how to manage stress and thrive at work.

Lecture 14 1 page Lecture 15

Course Progress Checklist - Keep this handy

1 page Full curriculum




I Hate My Job! - How To Change Careers.com
I hate my job is a sentiment sadly heard too often amongst todays workforce. If this is you, read on to find what to do about it

I hate my job, so how to help you?, Career Change ...
406 I hate my job, so how to help you? If you are not enjoying your work, your performance will suffer in the long run

I Hate My Job - What Should I Do? - A Career Change
Home > Why Change Career? > I Hate My Job - What Should I Do? I Hate My Job - What Should I Do? Author: Lisa Koning - Updated: 18 March 2013 | Comment . Career

Former accountant Karren explains how she quit a job she hated
Former accountant Karren explains how she quit a job she in a job that you hate but would continue wants to change careers can give

Career Change: Stop hating your job, discover what you ...
Part 1: I hate my job 1) The Career Change Process 13) * Interview with Joanna Penn on how to change careers

What To Do When You Hate Your Job - Forbes
With so few jobs available during the recession, people who hate their work might be more inclined to do something about it. false

11 Tips To Cope With A Job You Hate - AskMen
Career ; 11 Tips To Cope With A Job You Hate © iStockphoto.com. 11 Tips To Cope With A Job You Hate Changing your job every few years has become common practice,

I Hate My Work, Should I Change Jobs? | CAREEREALISM
Should you even change jobs, when you catch yourself saying, I hate my work? Frankly, I do not have the answer, but what I will attempt to do here is to show

I hate my job!!!!!!!!!? | Yahoo Answers
I really hate my job. It is the crappiest job EVERwell it is not really the job the job part I enjoy it is the people that I work for. My supervisor and

I Hate My Job And Need a Career Change - Mashpedia Video
[ZIG ZIGLAR] I really hate my job (great motivational speech) by Zig Ziglar